Recent news reports have revealed that the major telephone carriers, such as Verizon, Sprint, and particularly AT&T, have been cooperating extensively with the Bush Administration in its warrantless surveillance of U.S. citizens.
Accordingly, all of these carriers have now come out with special promotions for their customers, a few of which are highlighted here:
1. Unlimited free long-distance: But only to the Middle East and Afghanistan.
2. Caller ID and mobile-tracking (of you, not by you, needless to say).
3. Three-way calling: You, your best friend, and your Uncle Sam.
4. Star Chamber 69: Reveals the last call from the Homeland Security Department trying to arrange your rendition to an Eastern European gulag.
5. Call Baiting: Phony phone calls keep you on the line, to allow the NSA time to set up wiretapping protocols.
6. Do Not Call — Your Lawyer. All rights to legal representation suspended, at least until we teach those Islamo-fascists a lesson about civil liberties.
BuzzFlash News Analysis on the Bush-Cheney-Rumsfeld junta.
Progressive Daily Beacon on the “commonality” between our religious “nuts” and Iran’s.